Downs, Kan., has had two locally based banks for many years, according to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.'s website. One dates to 1892, and the other to 1919.
Two Century-Old Banks in Kansas to Merge
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues