The move is the latest in a series of reforms to the government-insured Home Equity Conversion Mortgage, eliminating product features deemed to threaten the soundness of the FHA insurance fund.
Risky Form of Reverse Mortgage Nipped in the Bud by HUD
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter