Competition from traditional homes and distressed sales, the limited availability of conforming mortgages and an underdeveloped secondary market have prolonged a slump in manufactured housing that started in 1998.
Manufactured Housing Suffers Worst Decline of Any Mortgage Niche
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app