Sen. Thad Cochran, R-Miss., won a key primary runoff contest Tuesday night, securing the likelihood that Sen. Richard Shelby, R-Ala., will resume his chairmanship of the Banking Committee if Republicans take control of the Senate.
Shelby Expected to Chair Banking Panel If GOP Gains Senate
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter