Bank of the Ozarks recently overhauled how it awards bonuses after a big dip in shareholder approval, showing how much weight some banks place on the nonbinding measures and how proxy-advisors can swing the vote.
'Say on Pay' Casualties Show Power of Proxy Firms
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app