The state of California will no longer be able to deposit child support payments onto prepaid accounts that lack certain consumer protections, under a law signed Wednesday by Gov. Jerry Brown.
California Tightens Limits on Prepaid Cards for Child Support
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app