Fifth Third Bancorp took a $17 million impairment charge on properties it owns because it no longer plans to build branches on them. More banks may need to do the same.
Fifth Third's $17M Writedown Shows Declining Appeal of Branches
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter