Banks can't live with commercial lending and can't live without it these days, two earnings reports Friday showed. First Niagara's commercial loans rose while TCF's fell. But TCF's margin is much higher and fell less sharply than First Niagara's.
First Niagara, TCF Show Dilemma in Business Lending
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter