Heritage Bank in Jonesboro, Ga., became one of the first banks to retire trust-preferred securities held by the FDIC after a complex, year-long negotiation. The transaction could be a model for dozens of other lenders trying to avoid default and possible bankruptcy.
Georgia Bank's Trust-Preferred Deal with Regulators Sets Precedent
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app