National Penn Bancshares in Allentown, Pa., swung to a profit in the first quarter thanks to commercial loan growth and one-time factors that offset lower mortgage banking revenue.
National Penn Swings to Profit, Expands Business Loans
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app