Sandy Spring Bancorp in Olney, Md., said its first-quarter profit rose 3% from a year earlier, to $10.9 million. The improvement was largely because of loan growth, changes in funding costs and efforts to increase wealth management and insurance revenue, the company said.
Sandy Spring in Md. Boosts Profit on Increased Lending
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter