S corporation banks are concerned that the capital conservative buffer under Basel III — and a potential prohibition from paying tax-distribution dividends to shareholder — could cause more of them to slow growth plans or merge.
S Corp Consolidation Could Be Side Effect of Basel III
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter