PETERBOROUGH, N.H. — Bank credit card growth last year outpaced credit union card growth for the first time since 2007, a figure cards experts say indicates much tougher competition is ahead for CUs, especially around rewards.
Bank Card Growth Tops CUs' for First Time Since '07
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues