The "5/5" attempts to give consumers more certainty about what they will owe in future years, splitting the difference between traditional ARMs and the more expensive, but lower-risk, fixed-rate mortgage.
Lenders Put a Postcrisis Twist on the Adjustable-Rate Mortgage
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter