Fueled by strong loan and deposit growth, BBVA Compass in Birmingham, Ala., said Thursday that its first-quarter profits climbed 4% from the same period last year, to $114 million.
BBVA Compass's Profits Climb on Strong C&I Loan Growth
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues