Student loan company Sallie Mae has agreed to pay approximately $97 million to settle accusations by the Justice Department that it overcharged certain members of the military and by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. that it misled consumers about late fees.
Sallie Mae Reaches $97M in Settlements with U.S.
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter