Mortgage servicers and troubled homeowners may be losing faith that Congress will pass legislation saving borrowers from paying a tax penalty when they do a short sale.
Short Sales Fall Out of Favor as Tax Penalty Looms
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app