Several small and midsize banks have added high-profile directors in recent months. Since the 2008 crisis, serving on a bank's board has become a more demanding job, leaving some industry experts to question whether celebrity directors are useful. Others praise these moves as a way to bring in new business and build name recognition.
Banks Resume Luring Celebrities to Boards
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter