"We do not need these companies to be as big as they are," the Kansas City Fed president said. "We should say we want smaller institutions so that they can safely fail if they need to fail."
Fed's Bullard Says Largest Banks Should Be Split Up
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues