Sanford "Sandy" Weill, who ushered in the era of supermarket banks with the creation of Citigroup before the financial crisis, said U.S. lenders should be broken up to protect taxpayers.
Sandy Weill Says Banks Should Be Broken Up
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues