A House panel ended a probe of alleged preferential lending by Countrywide to lawmakers and aides without taking action, saying the "serious matters" submitted for review fall outside its jurisdiction.
Countrywide Loan Probe Ended by House Panel, No Action Taken
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app