The eight justices ruling on the case of a Los Angeles airport-hotel owner all sided with lender Amalgamated Bank, which had protested the cash-only auction the hotel owner had engineered in an attempt to bar the lender from "credit-bidding."
Supreme Court Upholds Lenders' Right to Bid Debt in Bankruptcy
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues