Jack Lew won the Senate Finance Committee's approval to become U.S. Treasury secretary just as lawmakers struggle to avoid across-the-board government spending cuts scheduled to take effect on March 1.
Lew Wins Senate Panel Approval as U.S. Treasury Secretary
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app