Mary Schapiro's departure comes as the agency continues to navigate through a flood of new mandates generated by the Dodd-Frank Act and a wave of enforcement matters related to the financial market turmoil of 2008.
Mary Schapiro Leaving SEC; Elisse Walter Named Chairman
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues