President Obama is considering two women for senior economic positions, weighing Ruth Porat, CFO at Morgan Stanley, for deputy Treasury secretary and Wal-Mart Foundation President Sylvia Mathews Burwell for budget director.
Obama Said to Consider Morgan Stanley's Porat for Treasury Post
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app