President Obama is set to re-nominate Richard Cordray as director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, according to a White House statement. Cordray was named to the post in January 2012 with a recess appointment.
Obama Set to Re-Nominate Cordray to Lead CFPB
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app