Bankrupt should be barred from selling its mortgage servicing unit to Ocwen Financial unless Ocwen agrees to honor ResCap's portion of a $25 billion legal settlement with the U.S. and 49 states, government lawyers said in court papers.
ResCap Buyer Must Comply with Mortgage Settlement: U.S.
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues