Credit Unions Open New Branches
* MCT Federal Credit Union opened a new branch in Rockville, Md.
* iQ Credit Union opened a branch in the Hazel Dell area of Vancouver, Wash.
* South Division Credit Union held a grand opening at its student-run Brother Rice High School branch in Chicago.
* Orange County's Credit Union cut the ribbon at the grand opening of its Fullerton, Calif. branch.
* TruWest Credit Union opened its new Riata branch in Austin, Texas.
* Western Credit Union celebrated the opening of its new Delaware, Ohio office.
* Member One FCU opened a new facility in Lynchburg, Va.
* Kellogg Community FCU, Battle Creek, Mich., dedicated its new Pennfield branch to Garland Handley.
* SECU Credit Union, Linthicum, Md., opened a new branch in Columbia.
* AmeriChoice Federal Credit Union, held a grand opening at its East Pennsboro Area High School student branch in Mechanicsburg, Penn.
* New Horizon Credit Union, Manassas, Va., opened a facility in the Chantilly Crossing Shopping Center.
* Public Service Credit Union, Romulus, Mich., held a grand opening ceremony at its Eagle branch in the student store of Romulus High School.
* Guardian Credit Union opened a new branch in West Milwaukee, Wis.
* State Employees Credit Union held a grand opening celebration at its new facility on Whitehall Street in Atlanta.
* Alabama Telco Credit Union, Birmingham, Ala., opened its first Shelby County location.
* Postal Credit Union celebrated the opening of its North St. Paul, Minn. office.
* Webster First FCU opened a new branch on Greenwood St. in Worcester, Mass.
* Smart Financial Credit Union cut the ribbon at the grand opening or its new facility in Conroe, Texas.
* Franklin Mint FCU opened a student-run branch inside Interboro High School in Prospect Park, Penn.
* MidWest Financial Credit Union, Ann Arbor, Mich., opened a branch in Yspilanti.
* St. Mary's Bank, Manchester, N.H., cut the ribbon at its new Londonderry branch.
CUs New Name Is Advance Financial
Inland Employees FCU, Lake County, Ind., changed its named to Advance Financial Federal Credit Union.
Air Academy FCU Hosts Seminar
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo.-Air Academy FCU held a free seminar on construction lending.
AEDC FCU Fights Breast Cancer
TULLAHOMA, Tenn.-AEDC Federal Credit Union employees donated $5 to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation to dress down at work, and the credit union matched the amount raised by employees.
CSCU Helps Next Generation Save
LIVONIA, Mich.-Co-op Services CU is offering a new savings program for children up to age 7 called the Next Generation Savings Club.
SWFCU Kids Feed Their Piggys
LA HABRA, Calif.-South Western FCU held a promotion for members of its Looney Tunes Saving Club called Feed Your Piggy. For each deposit they made, members received a chance to win prizes.
CCCU Names $25,000 Winner
SAN DIEGO-California Coast CU announced Flora Waite was the winner of a $20,000 down payment on a home plus $5,000 in furnishings.
PSCU Team Walks To Cure Diabetes
Pacific Service CU employees participated in the Walk to Cure Diabetes in Walnut Creek, Calif.
Fiberglas FCU Supports Needy Kids
NEWARK, Ohio-Fiberglas FCU collected toys and donations for needy children of Licking County.
Spectrum FCU Walks For A Cure
Spectrum FCU participated in the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Race for the Cure in San Diego, and raised more than $2,000 for the charity.
MAFCU Participates In Memory Walk
GAITHERSBURG, Md.-Mid-Atlantic FCU participated in the three mile Memory Walk and raised more than $2,000 to benefit the Alzheimers Association.
KCFCU Names Contest Winners
BATTLE CREEK, Mich.-Kellogg Community Federal Credit Union and Mahrle's Harley-Davidson announced that Paul Anderson won $800 in merchandise in the 2nd Annual Haaawwwg Call contest.
FRFCU Raises $22,500 For Hospital
BRIDGEWATER, N.J.-Financial Resources FCU raised $22,500 for The Children's Hospital at St. Peter's University Hospital.
CCCU Hosts Free ID Theft Seminar
WAUKEGAN, Ill.-Consumers Cooperative Credit Union hosted a free seminar on how to prevent identity theft.
LCU Raises $46,321 For United Way
NEW BERLIN, Wis.-Landmark Credit Union raised $46,321 for the United Way in 2004.
UTFCU Sponsors Essay Contest
TINTON FALLS, N.J.-United Teletech FCU sponsored the Student Voices Essay Contest for pupils in grades 6 through 8 presented by the Home News Tribune Newspapers in Education program.
MVFCU Hosts Legislator's Day
Merrimack Valley FCU hosted an annual Legislator's Day breakfast at its main office in North Andover, Mass.
CCFCU Expands Service Area
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla.-Coral Community Federal Credit Union became a community credit union.
EFFCU Named Company Of The Year
MIRAMAR, Fla.-Eastern Financial Florida CU was named Company of the Year by the Latin Business Club of America.
DFCU Donates To Jimmy Fund
MARLBOROUGH, Mass.-Digital Federal Credit Union donated $53,000 to the Jimmy Fund which supports the fight against cancer at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
SSFCU Named Fast Track Company
Security Service FCU received a Fast Track Award for its growth and financial advancement from the San Antonio Business Journal.
Dupaco Community CU Joins CUSC
DUBUQUE, Iowa-Dupaco Community Credit Union has joined the Credit Union Service Corporation.
SAFCU Logs Record Donation
San Antonio Federal Credit Union CEO Jeff Farver presents a $159,245 to the United Way.
Two CUs Promote Financial Literacy
TUSCALOOSA, Ala.-The Alabama Credit Union and Tuscaloosa Teachers Credit Union partnered with local schools to promote financial literacy.
EFCU Visits Local Fire Departments
Energy First Credit Union, Monterey Park, Calif., donates bags with safety tips to local fire departments to hand out to children.
Mich. League Names Award Winners
NORTHVILLE TOWNSHIP, Mich.-State Employees CU and Capital Area School Employees CU received the Michigan Louise Herring Award for Philosophy in Action.
PSCU Holds Workshop For Seniors
VALLEJO, Calif.-Pacific Service CU held free workshops to educate seniors and community members in the prevention of financial fraud and exploitation.