Credit Unions In Their Communities
* Wauna FCU, Clatskanie, Ore., created a memorial for veterans to honor their courage.
* Lakeview Credit Union, Neenah, Wis., celebrated the grand opening of its new facility.
* Allegacy FCU, Greensboro, N.C., participated in a two-day, 100-mile bike ride and raised $23,456 for multiple sclerosis.
* New Jersey Credit Union Foundation, Hightstown, N.J., donated $60,982 to hurricane relief and the NCUF's National Disaster Relief Fund.
* In a statewide food drive, The Ohio Credit Union League, Dublin, and 32 Ohio credit unions helped restock depleted shelves of local food pantries.
* Desert Schools FCU, Phoenix, opened a new branch inside the Wal-Mart Supercenter on North Estrella Parkway.
* Dupaco Community CU, Dubuque, Iowa, helped sponsor Coats for Kids, which collected more than 2,700 garments for Operation New View for distribution to area families in need.
* People's Alliance FCU, Hauppauge, N.Y., held a ribbon-cutting ceremony for its new expanded office in Westbury.
* United Heritage CU, Austin, Texas, held its Charity Classic golf tournament and raised $65,000 for Ronald McDonald House and St. Louise House.
The credit union also helped sponsor the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure event.
* St. Mary's Bank, Manchester, N.H., is building a new 5,000-square-foot branch in Milford. It is expected to open by mid-March.
* Missoula FCU, Missoula, Mont., received the Community Business Partner Award for its partnership efforts.
* In Beaverton, Ore., Mid-Oregon FCU and Oregon Community CU received the Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility award, and Pacific Crest FCU and Rogue FCU received the Desjardins Award.
* Capital CU, Kimberly, Wis., received the Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility Award.
* Great Wisconsin CU, Madison, Wis., donated $12,400 to the United Way, and participated in its Homework Help program.
* Credit Union of Southern California, Whittier, Calif., held a food drive, which provided more than 1,900 people with lunch while they waited for groceries.
* Merrimack Valley FCU, Lawrence, Mass., has converted to a community charter.
* Carolina Trust FCU, Myrtle Beach, S.C., donated $2,500 to the American Red Cross hurricane relief fund.
Army Aviation Center FCU opened a new financial service center in Santa Rosa Beach, Fla.
In Springfield, Mass., STCU Credit Union held the National Endowment for Financial Education program with Springfield Central High School.
The MCT Federal Credit Union, Rockville, Md., provided food-filled backpacks to elementary school students who are at risk for hunger on the weekends.
Smart Financial CU, Houston, breaks ground for a new branch in Sugar Land, Texas.
The Golden 1 CU, Sacramento, Calif., collected $61,488 for the American Red Cross and the Salvation Army hurricane relief efforts.
In Denver, Colorado Credit Union was honored by the Colorado State patrol and Colorado First Lady Mrs. Frances Owen for its teen driver safety program.
America's Christian CU cuts the ribbon at the grand opening of its new headquarters in Glendora, Calif.
Credit Union One, Ferndale, Mich., opened a branch inside Hazel Park High School's bookstore and it includes an online course about using the facility.
In Montgomery, Ala., the Montgomery Chapter of CUs presented eight Central Alabama children's charities with $1,500 each.
Technology CU, Freemont, Calif., held a Driven to Excellence sweepstakes and announced member Mary Uribes the winner of a Pontiac Solstice.
Pacific Service CU, Fresno, Calif., donated $2,500 to the Sequoia Council of the Boy Scouts program that targets underserved youth.
American Airlines FCU cuts the ribbon at the grand opening of its new branch at the Dallas/Fort Worth International airport.
The Saugus FCU, Saugus, Mass., donated $5,500 to help teachers and students of Baker, La., who were victims of the hurricanes.
In Glendora, Calif., Rep. David Dreier toured the headquarters of America's Christian CU and discussed his support of the credit union industry.
Pan Am Horizons FCU, Miami, participated in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure and raised more than $1,350 for breast cancer research.