Credit Unions In Their Communities
* MacDill FCU, Tampa, Fla., was awarded first place in the Tampa Bay Chapter of the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties Best of the Best awards for its outstanding office building and corporate campus.
* Pacific Service CU, Fresno, Calif., provided a $3,000 grant to Sanctuary Youth Project's Outreach to the Streets program.
* Saugus FCU, Saugus, Mass., presented a digital camera and accessories to journalism students at Saugus High School
* First CU, Chandler, Ariz., has assisted thousands of first time home buyers through various loan programs it offers its members.
* Woodstone CU, Federal Way, Wash., helps train area students to become tellers and to operate their own credit union branches through its school to work partnership program.
* St. Mary's Bank, Manchester, N.H., provide 100 calling cards to a U.S. Marine company in Londonderry.
* Credit Union of Ohio, Columbus, donated $3,000 to Adventures for Wish Kids, which supports children with life-threatening illnesses.
* Northwest Community CU, Portland, Ore., celebrated a milestone reaching $500 million in assets.
* Altura Credit Union, Riverside, Calif., donated $17,150 to the University of New Orleans FCU to help in its hurricane recovery efforts.
* Money One FCU, Largo, Md., has partnered with BALANCE to offer financial education and counseling services for its members.
* America First CU, Salt Lake City, collected and donated 7,490 pounds of food to the Utah Food Bank.
* California CU, Glendale, announced its annual college scholarship program will provide $1,000 scholarships to 35 deserving students.
* CFE Federal Credit Union, Orlando, Fla., hosted a grand opening ceremony for its new Forest City branch in the Gateway Crossing Shopping Center.
Redwood CU, Santa Rosa, Calif., contributed $20,000 to help aid victims of hurricanes.
Member One FCU, Roanoke, Va., held a groundbreaking ceremony at the site of its branch on Electric Road.
At the Good Shepherd Food Bank In Auburn, Maine, Sen. Olympia Snowe praised Maine credit unions for their commitment to ending hunger.
Streator Onized Credit Union opened a new branch in Pontiac, Ill., which is managed by Kristine Conner.
Pacific Service CU, Fresno, Calif., donated play structures to Children's Hospital Central California.
Unison Credit Union, Kaukauna, Wis., received the Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility Award.
Workers' CU, Fitchburg, Mass., awarded member Bill Ryan $500 worth of gasoline in a drawing at the CU.
Pinellas FCU, St. Petersburg, Fla., sponsored and participated in the Tampa Bay Annual Paws on Parade.
Financial Partners CU, Downey, Calif., hosted a luncheon for the Human Resources Development Network.
In San Diego, Calif., Financial 21 Community CU's downtown branch and headquarters is going to be part of a new expansive redevelopment project.
Members CU held a groundbreaking ceremony at the site of its new facility in Burleson, Texas.
The North Carolina CUL, Greensboro, honored high school students and a teacher with savings bonds for their essays.
MidWest Financial CU, Ann Arbor, Mich., provided new shoes for 116 children in need.
Altura CU, Riverside, Calif., was recognized as Corporation/Business of the Year by the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
Security Service FCU, San Antonio, Texas, donated food to help independent living programs for individuals with mental retardation.