Credit Unions In Their Communities
* CFE Federal Credit Union, Orlando, Fla., donated $5,000 to The Orlando Museum of Art.
* In Manchester, N.H., St. Mary's Bank's mortgage center commercial won the Summit Creative Awards competition.
* Wauna Federal Credit Union, Clatskanie, Ore., awarded Nicole Barendse, Laura Brookins, Tyler Gramson, Crystal McAllister, Curtis Olks, Justine Pillar, Kayla Pugh and Felecia Sinclair $1,000 college scholarships.
* North Island Credit Union, San Diego, presented the Excellence in the Workplace award to Inter@ctivate, Inc., at the San Diego Small Business Awards Luncheon.
In additional news, the credit union launched a Spanish-language website.
* MECU of Baltimore was honored with a Mayor's Business Recognition Award for its community service to Ft. Worthington Elementary School.
* CME Federal Credit Union, Columbus, Ohio, awarded Jessica Lynn Elder, Michelle Meleski and Mary Beth Ray $1,000 college scholarships.
* Denver Community FCU, Colo., announced that Denver Broncos football player Kyle Johnson is the new spokesperson for the credit union's youth program.
* Pacific Crest FCU, Klamath Falls, Ore., awarded Amanda Bedard and Allisun Corning $1,000 college scholarships.
* SELCO Community Credit Union, Eugene, Ore., awarded 16 high school seniors $1,500 scholarships.
* DuPont Fibers FCU, Richmond, Va., is celebrating its 50th anniversary.
* Langley FCU, Newport News, Va., won Best Lending Promotion in the Marketing Awards Competition sponsored by NAFCU.
* Apple FCU, Fairfax, Va., won Best Membership Promotion in the Marketing Awards Competition sponsored by NAFCU.
* America's Christian Credit Union, Glendora, Calif., awarded Kristen morgan, Brandon Napoli and Jeremiah Toole $1,500 college scholarships.
* Pacific Service Credit Union, Walnut Creek, Calif., provided a $2,500 grant to purchase specialized riding equipment for disabled children participating in Halleck Creek Institute's riding therapy program.
* NorthWest Plus CU, Everett, Wash., awarded Tricia Omoto, Cory Larson, Chad Jerde, Stephanie Stevens and Carrie Larsen $1,000 scholarships, and Anthony Squires and Michael Welly $500 scholarships.
* Sunmark FCU, Schenectady, N.Y., honored 29 local residents for completing a three-week program in financial literacy.
* In Manchester, the New Hampshire Credit Union Leagues' charity golf tournament was cancelled due to weather, but not a single registered golfer or sponsor asked for a refund. A total of $4,400 was split between the Make-A-Wish Foundation and the Travis Roy Foundation.
* The University of Kentucky FCU, Lexington, donated $525 to the Kentucky Children's Hospital.
Please submit community news and photos to Judy Hartnett at jhartnett