Glen Christopher's Do's And Don'ts of Web Page Design
* Use graphics to show real content, not to decorate your page.
* Lable grahics and photos if their meaning is not clear from the surrounding text.
* Edit photos and diagrams for size.
* Avoid watermarks.
* Limit the use of animation, and never animate the logo, tagline or main headline.
* Let users choose whether they want to see an animation
* Limit font size and colors.
* Use high-contrasts between text and backgrounds.
* Avoid horizontal scrolling at 800 x 600.
"If it's critical, don't require people to scroll up to find it," he advised. "Critical page elements should be visible