1. Bank of New York Mellon Corp. will purchase CIBC Mellon's corporate-trust business to more than double its share of that market in Canada. Financial terms were not disclosed.
2. In its fourth acquisition of a failed bank, First-Citizens Bank & Trust in Raleigh, N.C., has taken over the $536 million-asset SunAmerican Bank in Boca Raton, Fla. SunAmerican failed on March 5.
3. Valley National Bank in Wayne, N.J., has assumed the deposits and assets of the failed LibertyPointe Bank in New York. LibertyPointe had $209.5 million of assets and three branches.
4. Rabobank reached an agreement with Capitol Bancorp to acquire the $167 million-asset Napa Community Bank for $25 million. The Dutch banking giant has 92 branches in California.
5. OneWest acquired the $3 billion in deposits and $3.6 billion in assets of La Jolla Bank in California in a loss-sharing deal with the FDIC. It was OneWest's second FDIC-aided deal since December.