* Former Freddie Mac and United Guarantee exec Griff Straw has been named president of Solidifi, an appraisal management firm.
* SmartHippo, a vertical search engine and comparison shopping site for financial products, has named former LendingTree GM Lori Collins CEO, taking over for George Favvas, who will remain as founder and vp of corporate strategy.
* Shortly after its acquisition by FIS, Metavante sevp Donald W. Layden Jr. is leaving that firm to take a job at PE firm Warburg Pincus.
* Australian Web payment provider Paymate has opened a new headquarters in Silicon Valley, and has appointed Barrett Gafke as its new CEO.
* Adeptra, an automated customer communications provider for the credit risk management industry, appointed Ed Broyles as managing director for North America.
* Former Fidelity Bank Head of Systems Cliff Brown has been appointed head of the provisional services team at International Financial Systems, the banking software developer.
* Global applications software and service provider Misys has named James Crosby chairman.