Number One

India's Economic Times reported that Citigroup plans to sell its global services capture processing operations to Tata Consultancy Services, rather than rumored suitor IBM, in a deal worth between $500 million and $550 million. Citi pledged to keep its processing activity at the global services sites for at least five years.

Number Two

SunGard has offered to buy 64.51 percent of GL Trade, a French dealing systems vendor, for $402 million. SunGard submitted the bid to major shareholders in GL, whose holding company is owned by NYSE Euronext and three founders. SunGard plans to acquire the remaining 35.49 percent after the initial offer is approved.

Number Three

IBM beefed up its business process management and SOA solutions in a $340 million deal to buy publicly traded French company ILOG and incorporate that firm's business rules management system (BRMS) engine. Analysts expect this deal to spur a middleware rules engine M&A spree by other enterprise players.

Number Four

American Express bought a 13 percent share of automated T&E platform firm Concur Technologies for $251 million as part of a marketing alliance in which each will promote corporate card and expense management services. The deal won't disrupt data-sharing agreements with AmEx clients using other expense reporting systems.

Number Five

Forrester Research bought technology and media research rival Jupiter Research for $23 million, with plans to fold the business into Forrester's marketing and strategy client group. That's more than double the price that Jupiter's owner, MCG Capital Corp., paid in 2006 when it bought it from founder Alan Meckler.(c) 2008 Bank Technology News and SourceMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Subscribe Now

Access to authoritative analysis and perspective and our data-driven report series.

14-Day Free Trial

No credit card required. Complete access to articles, breaking news and industry data.