Phillip Zweig's 1982 coverage of the Penn Square Bank failure received the George Polk, Gerald Loeb, John Hancock and Deadline Club awards in journalism.
- Oklahoma Bankers Say They Saw Failure of Energy Lender Coming - July 8, 1982
- Mood is Sullen and Despairing - July 7, 1982
- Penn Square Failure Hits Big Banks Hard - July 7, 1982
- FDIC Said to Launch Review of Oklahoma's Penn Square Bank - July 2, 1982
- Okla. Bank Strips Oil/Gas Unit Head of Lending Power - July 1, 1982
- Oklahoma's Penn Square Bank, Maverick Oil Patch Lender - April 26, 1982