According to new market share data released by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Tuesday, banks and thrifts with $10 billion or more of assets controlled 72% of the nation's bank deposits at June 30, up from 70% at the same time last year and 68.5% in 2008.
Large Banks Increase Market Share: B of A Tops $1 Trillion in Deposits
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app