The agency issued its second enforcement action on Monday, hitting Discover with a $200 million fine. Observers said it was clear violations will carry a steep price tag.
CFPB Pursuing Higher Fines as Part of Enforcement Actions
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues