The government's recent efforts to stimulate the economy are driving up prices for MBS, creating the potential of interest rate risk for banks that are struggling to make loans.
Fed Competing Against Banks for Mortgage-Backed Securities
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter