Dodd-Frank spurred many mutual banks to convert to stock ownership. Now these well-capitalized, strategically located institutions are approaching the end of the three-year probationary period before they can be sold.
Former Mutual Thrifts Soon to Be Prime Takeover Bait
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app