The two cities join New York, L.A. and other cities in trying to force the banks that hold municipal deposits to make more loans in low-income neighborhoods. Some industry officials oppose them, while others welcome them.
Boston, Minneapolis Mandate 'Responsible' Lending by Banks
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app