The measure, backed by liberal investment groups, would have required the company to release more information about its lobbying efforts. It grew out of Visa's involvement with a conservative group that lobbies at the state level.
Visa Shareholders Reject Lobbying Disclosure Proposal
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter