Smaller financial institutions should lend outside of a new ultra-safe class of mortgages created by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, according to Richard Cordray, the agency's director.
Cordray Urges Lenders to Move Beyond Safe QM Loans
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app