With its new depositor preference proposal, the FDIC decided to skip over the current problem and fix one that doesn't exist — yet. Its solution places more burden on banks, but may save the agency from eventually insuring foreign deposits.
FDIC Fears Becoming 'Insurer to the World'
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues