The industry's profit in the second quarter rose more than 5% from a year earlier to $40.2 billion as institutions continued to reduce their loan-loss expenses and registered an uptick in loan growth, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. said Thursday.
FDIC Reports Strong Earnings on Lower Expenses, More Loans
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter