Best Practices Among CUs To Be Focus Of Meeting
Seeking to achieve a best practice within your credit union? How about more than a dozen!
The Credit Union Journal has finalized the agenda for its inaugural Best Practices Conference, scheduled for the exciting Hyatt Hotel in Miami April 27-28.
The Credit Union Journal has set out to create a Best Practices Conference that is a best practice itself, and in keeping with The Journal's tradition of excellence in hosting conferences that send attendees home with notebooks full of actionable ideas, this newest conference entry promises to accomplish just that. Many of the presenters are the winners of awards in The Journal's first-ever Best Practices program, which was featured in November.
The meeting will kick off with a presentation on the big picture of creating "Transformational Innovation" within the credit union, led by Mark Meyer, Director of Innovation with the Filene Research Institute. Meyer helps oversee Filene's breakthrough i3 Group, comprised of some of the most innovative, creative and effective leaders from throughout the credit union community. In this opening keynote, insights will be shared on more than just the work of i3, but also a more expansive examination of why some credit unions are more effective at fostering innovation-and how your credit union can do the same.
Here's a look at what else is on tap for this Best Practices conference:
* As Seen On TV-At The Credit Union: Coastal FCU's David Faleski will highlight for attendees why his credit union has taken to the airwaves to reach members through video displays at its 13 locations.
* Making the Mobile Member Feel Right At Home. Delta Community Credit Union developed "LocatorSearch" to provide members with a seamless, one-stop approach to finding convenient locations nationwide.
* Pass Through The Door, Expect to SOAR!: In this session BFCU's Christine Martin will share why it deployed "Dare to SOAR" and how it has significantly reduced staff turover and boosted productivity.
* Cheat To Win! Bob MacDonald rose from being a "knock-on-the-door" insurance salesman to CEO of one of North America's largest insurance and financial services companies, taking over the top post at ITT Life at age 37. In this session, MacDonald will help CUs develop Best Practices within their own operation.
* 'Tinkering' With the Humanware: Before choosing a new core system, Tinker FCU re-examined its people-ware, and made changes.
* The Report Is In-And It's A Lot Better. Leveraging a web-based software tool, Cenla FCU's Chris Chelette reports it has saved time, become more flexible and streamlined its monthly reporting process.
* I Can't Get No Satisfaction-Except Here: Franklin Mint will share how its Welcome Home program ahas boosted member satisfaction levels.
* It's A Big World Out There: Best practices are by no means limited to credit unions; indeed, some of the most innovative and fresh work is being done by retailers, other non-profits and yes, even banks. In this session Bob Vedder of Newground will share some of the very best practices in retail media as part of a true "outside the box" experience. And much, much more!
ABOUT THE MEETING
WHAT: Credit Union Journal Best Practices Conference
WHEN: April 26-28
WHERE: Hyatt Hotel, Miami, Fla.
HOW: Do I Sign Up? Watch The Credit Union Journal and www.cujournal.com for details.