CUs Spread Holiday Joy And Giving
* Palisades FCU, Pearl River, N.Y., participated in the Salvation Army's Angel Tree Program.
* Community One FCU, Las Vegas, provided 15 turkeys and trimmings to families of Gibson Middle School students.
* Mon-OC FCU, Toms River, N.J., had an angel tree where gifts were donated to local children in need.
* LA DOTD FCU, Baton Rouge, La., featured a Home for the Holidays exhibit by artist Tammy Keene.
* Advance Financial FCU, Lake County, Ind., held its annual angel tree gift drive to benefit children in need.
* Northwest FCU, Herndon, Va., donated 316 food items to the Reston Community Center and Reston Interfaith, and collected more than 250 toys to Northern Virginia family Service.
* Capital CU, Kimberly, Wis., donated money, toys, clothing and linen items to area charities.
* Pacific Service CU, Walnut Creek, Calif., donated funds to the Hispanic Youth Theatre for their annual holiday toy giveaway for disadvantaged children, and donated $2,500 to the Boys & Girls Club's Christmas Wish program.
* Harborstone CU, Tacoma, Wash., sent 400 holiday care packages to troops in Iraq.
* SB1 Federal Credit Union, Philadelphia, donated $1,000 to Philabundance and to Toys for Tots, in addition to holding its annual toy collection drive.
* The Tobyhanna Army Depot FCU, Scranton, Penn., visited the pediatric unit of Mercy Hospital to deliver holiday gifts to children.
* Dover FCU, Dover AFB, Del., collected canned goods and toys for the Salvation Army Food Drive and Angel Tree Program.
* Cabrillo CU, San Diego, donated toys, food and gift cards to a family with a child undergoing cancer treatment.
* Desert Schools FCU, Phoenix, hosted 13 holiday classroom parties for more than 300 students at a low-income school.
Commonwealth CU, Frankfort, Ken., raised $12,300 and donated gift baskets to terminally ill children.
Spectrum FCU boxed more than five tons of oranges at the San Francisco Food Bank.
Pan Am Horizons FCU, Miami, donated Thanksgiving baskets to homeless victims of domestic violence.
In Westbrook, Maine, Maine's credit unions contributed $15,000 to Thanksgiving food drives.
American Eagle FCU, East Hartford, Conn., provided 25 turkey dinners to 25 South End families.
In Texas, Security Service FCU collected turkeys for the San Antonio Food Bank to benefit families in need.
Matadors Community CU, Chatsworth, Calif., donated food to Fish of West Valley food bank.
Travis CU, Vacaville, Calif., participated in food drives, the Festival of Trees, Christmas Wish and the Holiday Stocking Campaign.
Workers' CU, Fitchburg, Mass., sponsored the Thayer Symphony Orchestra's Holiday Pops Concert.
BMI FCU, Columbus, Ohio, donated more than 2,100 cookes to the Kids 'n Kamp holiday party.
Redwood CU, Santa Rosa, Calif., collected holiday food and toy donations to benefit underprivileged children.
North Jersey FCU, Totowa, N.J., helped provide 150 Thanksgiving turkeys to the Tunnel Social Club.
People's Alliance FCU, Hauppauge, N.Y., donated toys to the Marty Lyons Foundation to benefit terminally ill children.
More than 15 credit unions in the Richmond, Va., area sponsored a float in the Christmas parade.
Oxford FCU, Mexico, Maine, donated toys and clothes to Santa's Helpers to benefit families in need.
Saugus FCU, Saugus, Mass., prepared Thanksgiving baskets for the senior center, and for abused women and children.
American First CU, La Habra, Calif., collected gifts for children and teens of the Crittenton Services.
In Las Vegas, seven credit unions decorated the pediatric areas of St. Rose Dominican Hospitals.
Truliant FCU, Winston-Salem, N.C., donated 400 stuffed dogs for various charities to benefit children in need.
Lowell CU, Lowell, Mass., helped the Massachusetts Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Children collect toys and clothing for more than 1,200 children.
Pacific Service, Walnut Creek, Calif., helped the Vacaville Boys & Girls Club have a Merry Christmas.
Navy Federal Credit Union, Vienna, Va., was a corporate sponsor for Toys for Tots and gathered 15,000 toys.
Community Financial CU, Plymouth, Mich., participated in the National Guard Adopt-A-Family program.
Spokane FCU, Spokane, Wash., helped St. Joseph Family Center give presents to the less fortunate.
Employees of the New York State Credit Union League, Latham, N.Y., collected food and cash for the Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York.
Santa Claus visited the Adirondack Regional FCU in Tupper Lake, N.Y.
American Heritage FCU participated in the Adopt-A-Family Program and helped eight Philadelphia families celebrate Christmas.
Eastern Financial Florida CU, Miramar, Fla., played Santa Claus for 50 children from Kids in Distress by making their Christmas wishes come true.
Affinity FCU, Basking Ridge, N.J., donated holiday gifts to children at Saint Clare's Hospital Children's Crisis Intervention Service.
Vantage CU, St. Louis, partnered with Fox 2 television and Catholic Charities to collect and distribute clothes and toys for families in need.
Money One FCU, Largo, Md., held a toy drive for the Chesapeake Center for Youth Development to benefit at-risk youth.
Pan Am Horizons FCU, Miami, donated toys to the City of Florida City Housing Department and the Children's Home Society.
MSU Federal Credit Union, East Lansing, Mich., donated more than 300 holiday gifts to the children of MSU Housing and Child and Family Services.
Kinecta FCU, Manhattan Beach, Calif., held a toy drive to benefit the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Campaign.
St. Anne's Credit Union of Fall River, Mass., purchased Christmas gifts for two families in need.
In Westbrook, Maine, The Maine Credit Union League's Adopt-A-Family Program provided $1,000 worth of gifts and food to a single mom and her three children.
Workers' Credit Union, Fitchburg, Mass., had a hat and mitten tree to benefit Children's Aid & Family Services.
Insight Financial Credit Union, Orlando, Fla., sponsored Baby DJ with Doc & Johnny Morning Radio Show and donated and $11,000 and three truckloads of Christmas toys to benefit families need.
CUs Spread Holiday Joy And Giving
* Eagle Community Credit Union, Lake Forest, Calif., raised funds to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
* Mon-OC FCU, Toms River, N.J., was a winner in Empire Corporate FCU's Annual Holiday Contest. As a result the Erma Dorrer Literary Award received a $150 donation on behalf of the credit union.
* GCS Federal Credit Union, Granite City, Ill., donated $350 to Community Care Center food pantry and soup kitchen to help feed the hungry at Christmas.
* Tinker Federal Credit Union, Oklahoma City, Okl., delivered 6,000 packages of holiday cookies to service men and women at Tinker Air Force Base.
* In Jackson, Miss., Mississippi credit unions delivered turkey dinners to 275 credit union employee and volunteer families.