Credit Unions In Their Communities
* Fort Belvoir FCU, Woodbridge, Va., participated in the Adopt-A-Family program run by Army Community Service and raised money for two families during the holidays.
* Pacific Service CU, Walnut Creek, Calif., donated more than $2,800 to Open Heart Kitchen's Hot Meal program for low-income families.
* North Island CU, San Diego, Calif., helped sponsor a half time show during the Pacific Life Holiday Bowl.
* GSC Federal Credit Union, Granite City, Ill., donated $350 to the Community Care Center.
* In Salt Lake City, Utah, the 100% For Kids Credit Union Education Foundation granted $129,626 to 33 schools in the second quarter of 2005.
* Crescent Credit Union, Brockton, Mass., recognized Brockton High School Band Director Vincent Macrina as a Brockton Champion.
* Memphis Area Teachers' CU, Tennessee, collected more than 200 toys for the U.S. Marine Corps Toys for Tots program.
* Southland CU, Los Alamitos, Calif., presented a $16,889 check to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Katrina Relief.
* Co-op Services CU, Livonia, Mich., has offered members low-cost electronic tax filing options.
* Security Service FCU, San Antonio, Texas, held a Longhorn Pride Day to celebrate the University of Texas' National Championship.
* Boeing Wichita CU, Wichita, Kan., held free financial education seminars.
* Unity One FCU, Fort Worth, Texas, rewarded Fossil Ridge High School students $50 for having perfect attendance.
* DEXTA Federal Credit Union, Wilmington, Del., contributed $500 to member Frank Hawkins, whose home was destroyed in a fire.
* In a drawing at Founders FCU, Lancaster, S.C., the credit union awarded five members a day's Visa credit card purchases free.
* Point West CU, Portland, Ore., sponsored a food drive at Irvington Elementary School for the Oregon Food Bank.
* Tower FCU, Laurel, Md., donated toys to Sarah's House, a homeless and transitional shelter and kitchen.
* Arizona FCU, Phoenix, returned $2.7 million to its members on December 31.
* Midwest Financial CU, Ann Arbor, Mich., raised $5,500 for charities in 2005 through its Jeans for Charity program.
* Charter Oak FCU, Groton, Conn., hosted a visit from Lisa Westfall of Eagle FCU in Baton Rouge, La., to see its Internet-based training site.
* Bay Federal Credit Union, Santa Cruz, Calif., surpassed $500 million in assets.
* Professional FCU, Fort Wayne, Ind., provided an RV to a family in Mississippi who are hurricane victims and still without a home.
* HAR-CO Federal Credit Union, Bel Air, Md., celebrated its 50th anniversary by donating $5,000 to a charity voted for by its members.
* GTE Federal Credit Union, Tampa, Fla., donated $500,000 to charities in 2005.
Mid Oregon CU, Bend, Ore., is supporting the High Desert Museum by offering families free admission on Saturdays.
Chetco FCU, Harbor, Ore., held an employee day for staff to learn lessons about global issues affecting CUs nationally.
Travis CU, Vacaville, Calif., named Holly Sontag winner of a Honda hybrid giveaway as part of the CUs membership drive.
YOUR FCU, Irving, Texas, donated $12,000 to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
Kane County Teachers CU, Elgin, Ill., celebrated the holidays with a performance by students from the Hermes Elementary School choir.
Jersey Shore FCU, Northfield, N.J., held a toy drive for children cared for by the Division of Youth and Family Services.
Financial Partners CU, Downey, Calif., donated more than 200 gifts to Project Love to benefit Navajo and Hopi children.
Carolina Trust FCU, Myrtle Beach, S.C., distributed 35,000 ID Kits to all Horry County Schools.
Community Educators CU, Titusville, Fla., held a grand opening for its new Money Masters branch at Riverview Elementary School.
CFE Federal Credit Union, Orlando, Fla., donated $10,000 to the American Red Cross hurricane relief efforts.
Representatives from Charleston, S.C. credit unions packed child identifications kits to be distributed through local public school district offices.
Penobscot County FCU, Old Town, Maine, held a raffle and raised $2,000 for the Maine Credit Union Campaign for Ending Hunger.
The Minnesota Credit Union Network, St. Paul, Minn., hosted a campaign reception for Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty.
During the holidays, AmeriCU Credit Union, Rome, N.Y., raised more than $1,900 to benefit the Toys for Tots program.