CUs In Their Communities
* Mutual Savings Credit Union, Birmingham, Ala., was a corporate sponsor for the March of Dimes' Blue Jeans for Babies Day and helped raise more than $2,500 for the charity.
* South Carolina FCU, Charleston, held a holiday shoe drive to benefit the underprivileged.
* Taleris Credit Union, Cleveland, Ohio, sponsored a blood drive for The Red Cross.
* Fairwinds Credit Union, Orlando, Fla., held a shred fest event to help prevent identity theft.
* Arrowhead Credit Union, San Bernardino, Calif., announced that Maurice Calderon received a minority business award from the Riverside Opportunity Center.
* United Teletech Financial CU, Tinton Falls, N.J., participated in the Annual Beach Sweep and picked up litter from beaches at Sandy Hook.
* Affinity FCU, Basking Ridge, N.J., participated in America's Walk for Diabetes and raised $1,775 for the American Diabetes Association.
* CommonWealth Federal Credit Union, Alexandria, Va., held a holiday program for members signing up for direct deposit, the credit union donated $5 to the charity of the member's choice.
* Landmark Credit Union, New Berlin, Wis., pledged $53,000 to the United Way 2006-2007 season.
* Credit Union of Ohio, Columbus, raised $700 for the Children's Miracle Network.
* Rogue Federal Credit Union, Medford, Ore., awarded perfect attendance certificates to more than 250 elementary students.
* DEXTA Federal Credit Union, Wilmington, Del., held a free safety fair.
* Financial Service Centers Cooperative, San Dimas, Calif., launched a youth safety campaign to help keep runaways off the street.
* United Heritage CU, Houston, Received 7 marketing awards from the Texas Credit Union League.