Filene Seeking Volunteers For Management Study
MADISON, Wis.-The Filene Research Institute is seeking credit unions to participate in two "ambitious: studies:
* Predicting Organizational Performance: The Role of the CEO, the Senior Management Team, and Work Engagement. Prof. Murray Barrick of Texas A&M is seeking to ID personality traits and leadership styles of effective CEOs and senior management teams.
For info: filene.org/blog/post/leadershipsuccess.
* Key Attributes of Highly Successful Middle Managers. Michael Neill, president of Michael Neill & Associates, is aiming to ID key traits of successful managers, with a goal of then helping CUs understand, hire, and promote those most likely to improve their performance.
For info: filene.org/blog/post/middlemanagers.
All natural-person CUs are being encouraged to participate; participation is free.
More Free Discovery Webinars Are Scheduled
MADISON, Wis.-CUNA Mutual will host its third Discovery Webminar of 2011 on May 24 during which evolving technology trends and their implications will be discussed.
The session will be led by Rick Roy, SVP/CIO with CUNA Mutual, beginning at 12:15 p.m. CDT. Roy will cover mobility and consumerization of IT, cloud computing, security and privacy, and the staffing implications of these key trends. To register, go to www.cunamutual.com/technologywebinar/PR. The session is free.
Other 2011 Discovery sessions are scheduled for:
* June 19-22, when 17 Discovery sessions will be offered at CUNA's America's Credit Union Conference.
* July 19, on Reg Z and Health Care Reform.
* Oct. 4, when CUNA Mutual will host its 2nd Annual Online Discovery Conference.